Friday

What Does "Make Your Own Video" Mean to You?

I'm always on the hunt for lo-cost editing tools. I mean, Final Cut Pro is nice, but most of my students have limited access to computers and don't buy their own software (yet). I was a fan of Jumpcut.com before Yahoo bought and dismantled them.

About a year ago, I became a fan of Animoto.com The site's ability to edit music & stills into films is nothing short of amazing. Here's one I made a while back with location audio:


Actually used animoto with a group of youth this month. Now that they've added video capabilities, it's an even more helpful tool.

So I was happy to notice an ad online today for "Google Search Stories Video Creator". I thought maybe the benevolent giant had come up with their own helpful online video editor. What a disappointment. Basically, you can make a slide show of 6 google searches and they're calling this a "video" on youtube.

Sorry guys, try again. http://www.youtube.com/searchstories = FAIL.

No comments:

Resources for iTeachers

Digital and Video News