Wednesday

A Site To Get Lost In

Thanks to a visual artist in my family, I recently became aware of Rhizome.org

Here's how they describe themselves:
Rhizome is based in a wide and diverse community of new media artists, curators, critics and enthusiasts. Our commitment to open-access structures, our community's shared interest in new media and their utilization of Rhizome as an on-line forum for exchange, combines to create an environment that naturally encourages the development of connections and understanding between people from a wide range of backgrounds, geographic areas, and disciplines.

Here's how I would describe them: An infinite source of ideas.
Not only have I seen some projects here that I would like my students to put their own spin on, but also some ways to add web 2.0 elements to projects already in process. (I found the Active Terms Word Cloud very helpful in my searching around.)

Yeah, it's a very thinky-thinky site, based on all the rhetoric of the art world. But some of the ways artists are combining old and new medium are just amazing. Example 1, Example 2, Example 3...

No comments:

Resources for iTeachers

Digital and Video News